11 health benefits of swimming
Everyone knows swimming is good for you, but do you know how good it really is?
Swimming has been called the perfect exercise, because you get all the benefits of an aerobic workout without any damaging impact on the joints. It’s an activity that can be enjoyed by people of all ages, young and old and is great for people who are recovering from an injury.
Apart from these obvious advantages, let’s dive in and take a closer look at what health benefits swimming has to offer…
To learn more about the 11 health benefits of swimming, continue reading here:
With such a long history of being outdoors (and swimming in particular)Australia has formed many groups and associations to further swimming as being a integral part of our ‘health culture’. Here is a list of Australian swimming organisations you can contact for more information:
- Australian Swimming Clubs – www.swimclub.com.au
- Australian Swimming Coaches & Teachers Association – www.ascta.com
- AUSTSWIM – www.austswim.com.au
- Masters Swimming Australia – www.mastersswimming.org.au
- Royal Life Saving Society, Australia – www.royallifesaving.com.au
- Surf Lifesaving Australia – www.sls.com.au
- Swim Australia – www.swimaustralia.org.au
- Swim Kids – www.swimkids.com.au
- Swimming Australia – www.swimming.org.au
For those of you who are already converted to how good swimming is for your health, you might be interested in getting better. Have a look at www.swimtag.com.au for the latest Award winning wearable technology and where it is available to utilise.