Gym Etiquette to Uphold
Are you struggling to write and communicate your facility guidelines to members?
Here is a list of commonly used Gym Etiquettes to Uphold, recommended by IDEA, a health & fitness association.
The complete guidelines are written in full, if you wish to use them for your club:
- Do not bring your gym bag or other personal belongings onto the fitness floor.
- Be courteous when using the water fountain. If there is a line, please do not fill up your water bottle.
- Ask if you may “work in,” and always allow others the same courtesy; afterward, return the seat and weight to the last user’s setup.
- Refrain from yelling, using profanity, banging weights and making loud sounds.
- Do not sit on machines between sets.
- Re-rack weights and return all other equipment and accessories to their proper locations.
- Ask staff to show you how to operate equipment properly so that others are not waiting as you figure it out.
- Wipe down all equipment after use.
- Stick to posted time limits on all cardiovascular machines.
- Do not bring children onto the gym floor. Children must remain in the childcare area.
- Do not disturb others. Focus on your own workout and allow others to do the same.
- Before beginning your workout, wash your hands and wipe off any cologne or perfume.
If you are not convinced by IDEA’s list, and are still unsure what guidelines to set, here are some websites you can use as inspiration around some commonly known aggravating gym behaviours:
- 16 gym etiquette rules that people often break
- 25 Gym Etiquette Mistakes That Make You Look Like An Ass
If you already have your guidelines set out but are unsure how to enforce them, refer to our previous Blog: 3 Ways to Uphold Facility Etiquette.
Written & compiled by Melanie Sarian for Links Marketing