All were great events, and the team thoroughly enjoyed catching up with many clients.
(Photo taken from FitX April 2014)
- August saw back to back trade shows for Links, and this year was by no means like the rest. With the continual trend in growth of interest in the fitness Industry, the demand for meeting customer standards and providing excellent service has never been more relevant.
- Our first attendance was at the ALFA mini conference, with our Sales Manager, Matt Hughes, setting the pace for hot topics such as how Online communities can result in increased membership satisfaction & revenue.
- Straight on from this, the LIWA Aquatics Conference provided a busy 2 days of delegate interaction to recognise both individuals and organisations that have contributed to the development of our industry, with after dinner presentations; a great atmosphere. The Links sponsored keynote speaker, Dr Justin Sempsrott, after traveling half way around the world, impressed all with his passion for the industry.
- The Fitness Show is notoriously a large event targeting both industry specific businesses and consumer focused organisations. This Fitness Show was held in Perth with both days hosting a breadth of presentations, competitions, demonstrations, hands-on training zones and hundreds of booths exhibiting their relevant products and services. Links realises the importance of experience in engagement so brought with it an extended trade show kit for attendees to try the kiosks and locker systems for themselves!
- Our Managing Director, Don Hartley, then flew with Matt Hughes to Cairns for the Parks & Leisure conference. The inspiring 3 day conference offered a ‘diverse mix of keynotes and concurrent presenters,’ creating opportunity for professional development between delegates. The third day highlighted the importance of encouraging children to participate in activities; something Links is close to with continual involvement nationwide with swim schools and a variety of children’s activities.
- The last stop for Links was at ‘home’ in Melbourne, with the ARV Industry conference held in the impressive Olympic Park Functions Centre. Links’ business is 90% conversions from other software, and the bus tour showcased our proud collaborations with local businesses focusing on ‘doing it better’ across all areas of the leisure industry.